Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Just Keep Moving Forward

This weekend we had a yard sale. I’ve never done that before. And I’ll never do it again for many reasons. But among them was all the people innocently asking “What, no girls clothes?”  What do I even say to that?

The easy answer is “No.”

The uncomfortable answer is “My daughter died, so no.”

The honest answer is “Yes, there is one box in the basement. Newborn to 12 months. Everything you need for the first year in one big box. Dresses, pants, tops, jammies, swimsuits, sandals…Never worn before and never will be. I guard them fiercely. I guard them with my whole heart. Now get off my driveway please.”

I stuffed those feelings down and down and down. Until I broke today. Just shattered out of nowhere. My heart hurts today. It hurts a little more than usual. So I’ll tread lightly, hug my beautiful boys and keep moving forward.

Just keep moving forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment